Saturday, February 28, 2009

Budget Headaches

That panic of what is in your bank account and what you can budget is terrifying. I've avoided it long enough. I spent some time this afternoon going over a rough estimate budget. This budget doesn't even include yet my savings or a true emergency fund. It does include $600/year for car repairs, but it includes no clothing allowance and no room for other emergencies.

As it stands at this very moment I need an extra $133.68 a month, once you add in other emergencies, funding an emergency fund, clothing allowance, and other expenses for my child (ie. extra curriculars that weren't included), money for a mini vacation for us.... I'll need a considerable amount more. Oye!

All of this doesn't even mention the amount I'll need to get caught up as well.

Also, I'd like to start doing screen shots and sharing them but I'm not sure how to do that on blogger so any tips are helpful there.

There are minor changes I can make to adjust but not much, things are already pretty bare bones as it is, and the items that are not bare bones have contracts.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck on your budget, it can be scary when you actually sit down with the numbers. But it is the first step in being honest with your money.

    You may need to consider finding ways to increase your income if you cannot decrease your spending.

    As far how to post screen shots on blogger. Just take your screen shot (I personally like to use either the snipping tool on Vista or I use Jing. And then save your image to your computer. When you go to make a post, there is a button in the post editor to add a picture. Its not too complicated.

    ReplyDelete